Thursday, November 20, 2008

You're fired...











Let's just say that I'm so glad I wasn't taking pictures for someone that I didn't know today! Sarah (my sister-in-law), my mom, and I got together to try and take a picture for my mom's Christmas cards tonight~ She puts all four grandkids on her card to show them off:) We had a great idea of plugging Christmas lights in and having the kids in matching jammies (thanks Nona). Well, it was a great idea until Aunt Shelley couldn't work her camera. And it was a great idea until the kid's wanted to put the electric lights in their mouths. And it was a great idea until we realized we had four kids under the age of 4 that wouldn't look at the camera. And it was a good idea until Aunt Shelley's backdrop fell... on Mage's head. Now in my defense- I can't take indoor pictures- I have no idea what I'm doing with lighting, etc... I bought some cheesy fabric to throw up as a backdrop and I had this ghetto way of jerry rigging the fabric to things with metal clips. The metal clips had nothing to clip to in Todd and Sarah's basement- so, I decided to put things on top of the fabric on a bookcase to weigh it down. Genious idea... until the fabric is pulled by the kids and the Mickey Mouse telephone that was once a weight comes crashing down on Mage's head. He only had a little knot and mild concusion... j/k but after it happened, he suddenly wanted to be a model and take pictures the rest of the night. Too bad the other three kids were so over it. Nona wanted to try hitting the other kids in the head with the Mickey Mouse phone because that had turned Mage into the perfect poser... but Sarah and I didn't think that was a good idea. Although it might have made for a good night's sleep... soooo kidding:)

I guess we'll try, try, try again. At least the kids had a great night. Todd and Sarah's basement is like Toys-R-Us, so the kids had a great playdate. We enjoyed dinner and are counting down the hours until Daddy is home... He's en route back from Rome, Italy. Yes, Rome!!! Or as my cultured children like to say "Rome-a-noke." Chris wanted to go to work so bad with Daddy this week- he knows Rome-a-noke is right by Gram's house, so he was ready to go;)