Sunday, November 30, 2008

Family Tradition







Almost every family I know has family traditions... whether it be going to church on Easter Sunday, or celebrating a holiday with a special dessert, or passing a pine cone turkey. Yep, you heard me- a pine cone turkey. Words can't express how special this turkey is. Deanie made it in preschool- and Dean is now a Senior at Virginia Tech. Every year, this turkey has graced our Thanksgiving day table. The legend goes that each year the turkey is passed from my Aunt Linda, to my Aunt Jackie, to my mom... and whoever has the turkey gets the pleasure of hosting Thanksgiving dinner the following year. We couldn't quit this year- Linda gladly "passed the turkey" to Jackie- and she's just so thrilled to get it- I mean- who doesn't love hosting over 30 people for dinner... and leftovers for the next three days?:)