Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let's Celebrate!!!

Chris had a program today at school singing songs:) He did a great job and then he got to trick-or-treat around downtown Leesburg with his class! He wore his Cowboys get-up to school because there was a no mask or weapon rule and without those, his clonetrooper costume was pretty boring!



After school, we had his last birthday celebration! Chris, Addie, and two friends got to go to Chuck-E-Cheese for an evening out. They were all actually really good but I didn't take my camera because keeping up with four kids was enough:) Chris won the jackpot on a game and he had over 300 tickets at the end of the night! He always wants cotton candy and we won't get it for him... but 150 bought him his very own blue cotton candy. He had 150 tickets he could have spent on a bunch of cheap toys, but he looked at the lady and said, "Can I get a pink cotton candy for Addie." How sweet is that!?!... And, No, Brendan~ I didn't let them eat all of it!:)

On the way to Chuck-E-Cheese, Chris's friend started telling us he's been learning "oldies" in music class. He started with "Splish, Splash, I was taking a bath." He then sang, "And she'll have fun, fun, fun until her Daddy takes her t-bird away." That was fine and dandy. Then he started singing, "Lean on Me, Thriller, and "I believe I can fly." Oldies... what? Those were my songs. I said, they're not oldies... and he said yeah they are... you listen to stuff from the 80'sand 90's?!" I was depressed... I guess that is like when I was in grade school and listened to music from the 60's and 70's and thought it was "old." Where has the time gone?