Sunday, April 5, 2009

R.I.P Mattie Girl


This week, we lost a family member. My parents had to put their dog, Mattie to sleep:( She was 12 1/2 years old and we've had her since she was few weeks old. Now, I am not an animal person- but Mattie was the best dog ever... and I loved her. She really was my dad's best friend. The kids loved her, and even Judy loved her like she was part of the family. Mattie was such a good dog- she never wanted anything and would spend hours chasing cars up and down the length of the front yard. You couldn't make her go inside- she just loved being outside. Three months ago, we found out she had cancer and they thought she had a week to live:( She lasted three good months, but then overnight, she retained fluid and her kidneys started to fail. Poor thing. Today we painted a rock for her and put it out in the field. I always thought her name was "Maddie." Today, I learned, she was Mattie. Chris was very concerned that she have a rock and be in a cemetary. He helped decorate the rock... and he and Jack and green hair by the time things were done. We will always remember you Mattie girl. Rest in peace.