Friday, July 10, 2009

It's always something...





We've been continuing our pool circuit this week. Last week I counted that we visited five pools within 36 hours... that could be a record. We had swim team, went to our pool, visited the pool at Lifetime Fitness, went to Ida Lee, and then capped it off with a night swim at Steve Boyd's pool... You would think we all have green hair by now! Yesterday, Paige came to join us at the pool... and today Averey hung out with us all day. On the way to the pool yesterday, Chris was riding his bike... He's been riding it without training wheels for over a year now, and he's never had any problems. Somehow he jerked his front wheel while going down the hill and totally crashed. Thank God he had on his bike helmet... He knees, elbow, chin, and thumb were all scraped and bleeding... Paige and I felt so bad for him, but he insisted he wanted to go to the pool. After realizing he was in too much pain, he agreed to go home... and I had to carry my 70 pound son all the way home... Luckily, one of our neighbors saved me when I turned onto our street and drove us the rest of the way. Poor Chris also chipped his front tooth:( We ended up going to the dentist to have it filed because it was really sharp. He was such a trooper... I would have wanted much more sympathy... and he was back to himself today:) He did con me though. I always keep his hair long... maybe I'm trying to keep him little... but he's wanted a haircut like his Daddy forever! Yesterday, I caved... he now has short hair!