Monday, July 20, 2009

It's all good

We had an absolutely amazing week at the Outer Banks! The kids had a great time, and I cried when we had to leave:( I thought for sure the kids would be sooo bored with me today without all the kids around to entertain them... but we managed to stay busy. We had a 3 hour playdate at the park with some of Chris's classmates... and Chris managed to stay out of trouble the whole time! We then had some neighbors over for huggies- the little drinks chock full of sugar that we enjoyed at the beach thanks to Ka... yeah, I'm not ready to end our beach week yet! Oh- and Lauren- Chris got a blue one:) I'll try and get some beach pictures loaded tomorrow... but I have to go watch my new show... Make It Or Break It... Don't Hate- ABC Family has some great shows:) For now, I'll leave you with a few Chris sayings- the boy cracks me up:)

On the way to the beach, we always stop in the Solomon house because they can check in earlier than us. Chris's speech has gotten soooo much better, but he still has trouble with some words... he starts speech back up this fall- but on the drive down, I was wondering why I have him in speech- the child would not be quiet! Anywhoo... on the drive to the beach, he kept saying, "I want to go to Matt Olomon's house- leaving off the "S" sound. He often calls people by their first and last name- Matt Solomon, Steve Boyd... I have no idea why. Brendan and I kept saying trying to get him to make the ssssssss sound and properly pronounce Solomon. After several attempts, clearly frustrated, he looked at us and said, "Look you guys, I'm just going to call it Matt's house."

Today I started Day one of the P90x workout program... we'll see how long it lasts:) Chris came down and was doing it with me for a little bit... he looked at me and said, "Mommy, why is this guy so hurtful to us? I'm going to sit and pretend I'm doing it."

Addison is also keeping us amused... but if you ask her what her name is now, she says, "I'm Caroline." Thanks Nana. If I ask her if she's ready for a nap, she says, "I ain't never tired." Thanks J.D.. I told them we were going to the library tomorrow for a puppet show, and Chris asked if he could check out a Darth Vader book. Addie then asked right away, "Mommy, can I get princess books." I just can't believe how fast she's grown up:(