Friday, March 6, 2009

Ding Dong...

The kids LOVE it when the doorbell rings... Mommy usually hates it because I'm in my pajamas with my hair a mess and I freak out... but this week we had some of the best surprises at our door. Gram surprised us with a trip up here to visit for a few days. She was such a big help to Mommy- Mommy got to run errands, sleep in, and get some things done- and she also enjoyed the company. The kids of course were in heavan with their Gram here- they get her undivided attention, good food, and tons of hugs and kisses.


Also- Chris got the cutest "cookie arrangement" from Brad and Jenny. It had the biggest, best cookies ever that were loaded with icing- I'm glad I got this picture. I'd like to say that I saved one for a keepsake, but they are are all gone- We can't keep food in this house. I did keep the card though, and added it to Chris's keepsake box.

We also got "Hero, the hot dog maker" in the mail from Aunt Denise and Uncle Bruce. It's this plastic dog that "steams" hot dogs. When the hot dogs are done, the "dog" starts barking until you unplug it- Chris thought this was the coolest thing in the world. Do you like Chris's hat- we ate at the new Johnny Rockets in Brambleton... the malts and shakes were delish, but I didn't think the food was as good as Five Guy's...
Nona and Papa also stopped by today to deliver Milwakee's Frozen custard with M&M's in it... Yummy Yummy! Do you see a theme here- how am I ever supposed to lose weight?!!!
We also got a bunch of cards in the mail- Chris LOVES getting mail- and thanks again to everyone for all your prayers and well wishes. We love you all!