Monday, March 9, 2009

Cast take two...


Today we went to the orthopedic doctor... and Chris had to get a new cast. The good news is that his bones did move back together- The bad news is that the doctor didn't like how the moved back together... So, the plan right now is to wear his new cast (another blue one per Chris's orders) for a week and recheck it next week. Today, the doctor "moved" his bones in the office by using pressure and put on a "tight" cast. After the second X-ray, he liked how it looked much better once he had moved it, so keep your fingers crossed that it heals. Bless his heart though, it looked painful when he was manipulating it- but Chris didn't complain- he has been so tough through this whole process. Dr. Gavin still thinks he might need reduction surgery- so send us extra special prayers that this week we have better results- the poor fella has been through so much. He still has his spirit though... yesterday he was soooo happy and excited. He was in the bathroom and he started yelling...
"Mama, mama, come here- the coolest thing ever- I have freckles on my fingers. I have one freckle on my finger. I have two freckles on my finger. Wait, I have four freckles on my finger!!!" He was quite disappointed when I showed him it was just dirt from the park:)

And today, on the way to school, our neighbor was saying his full name. Chris then announced to us, "I'm having a name change." He renamed himself... "I am Christopher Lance Hottie Cowboy McCullers." Watchout ladies, I have a son named Hottie Cowboy!:)