Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Soooo not prepared

Poor little Addie had a little red dot on her arm about six weeks ago, so I took her to the doctor... They said it was a small swollen blood vessel and looked at me like I was crazy for making the appointment because it was the size of a pinhead- so tiny. The past couple of weeks it has been growing... and it had gotten very noticable- so I took her to the doctor this morning. They referred me to a dermatologist and it was my lucky day because they had a cancellation and I was able to get her in today! I was not prepared for this visit... The doctor told me that it probably started as a bug bite or something and her skin had healed "too good." I guess sometimes skin gets confused and it kept healing and healing and healing. It had basically built up a bunch of capillaries on top of one another. The doctor then wanted to remove the growth, and I was glad because then we'd just have one doctor's visit... They gave her a shot of novicane... and then did all out in-office surgery! They removed the growth- which was about an inch longer under the skin- where I couldn't see! It was pretty big- and is being sent out for testing but should be just fine! She said it would have kept growing and would have been bigger and harder to remove- but just the little growth left a cut in her arm and she needed several stitches!!! We have to go back next week to have them removed! Addie was such a trooper- and Chris and I couldn't believe what we watched! Her arm was cut open in front of us... Of course, Chris thought it was the coolest thing in the world... but I was upset for my baby!



Thank you soooo much to Paigie K for watching the kids while I worked out today- You're the best... but slow down on training Addison... I picked her up and she had on lip gloss and now thinks she needs Juicy Couture perfume!