Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Growing up way too fast

My kids continue to remind me that that are growing up before my very eyes:( Addison started asking for a big girl bed. Chris had been in his big boy bed by now because we knew Addie was on the way... but we haven't pushed the issue with Addison. She's my sweet baby, and there was no rush! But, when she started asking, we knew it was time. We converted her crib to a toddler bed and she's had no problems! I guess we'll be shopping for big girl room furniture after Christmas...

This is the first night she slept in her bed... We checked on her around midnight and she was halfway falling out of the bed... We moved her back in, and didn't hear from her until the next morning.

For the past few nights, she has been waking up in the middle of the night. She's also been cranky... but no other symptoms... I had mommy's intuition though and took her to the doctor today eventhough at first they thought I was crazy.

Doctor~ So, has she been running a fever?
Me~ No.
Doctor~ Has she been eating and drinking o.k.?
Me~ Yeah, no real change in her appetite.
Doctor~ What other syptoms has she had?
Me~ She has woken up in the middle of the night and she's fussy.
Doctor~ So, she's fussy? And she woke up in the middle of the night?

Ha! She looked at me like I had lost it... But sure enough, she has an ear infection- poor little thing. We got antibiotics and hopefully we'll be back to a good night's sleep... in our big girl bed real soon.:)