Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Home away from Home

I feel like we have been "on the go" constantly this summer! A neighbor told us about the Spring Lakes swim team, and Chris is actually a member now! I now have a new appreciation for the sport of swimming~ Growing up in Arcola wasn't exactly the best breeding grounds for swimmers... After one season of swimming on the "Holiday Inn" swim team, Todd and I both hung up our towels- we were not quite the swimmers:) Luckily, it looks like Chris takes after his Daddy and Uncle Sean and is a fish! He's been competing in the 6 and under division at swim meets (which he can swim in for two more years!) and has actually taken a second place in both freestyle and the back stroke! We are soooo proud of him! Swim team takes up a LOT of time... We have practice every day Monday-Friday, and swim meets on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. It takes a lot of commitment, but it has been such a great experience~ Chris has made friends, loves being a part of the team, has really learned to swim, and is getting great exercise every day! I guess I better get used to being "on the go"~ I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of things to come!