Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I can't believe it's been almost an entire week since I've updated my blog... Yes, the novelty has somewhat worn off, but I really do love having this. It seems like we are so busy these days... I still haven't finished Addie's baby book and I am definatly not a scrapbooking mama- there is no artistic ability in my body whatsoever... so it has been great having this blog. For those of you that don't know, every year, I plan on printing my blog out in a book for the kids to have... so hopefully they will be able to look back and remember all of the funny stories and things they have done:) I know so often the days just fly by and I don't remember what we did, etc. I can't believe how fast the kids have grown up- right before my eyes... and I truly do cherish every moment. O.k... I'm not going to get all sentimental on you guys- but I will say that I'm having a lot of mommy guilt this week. Why, you ask? Well, Saturday, I'll be headed to Paris for a few days with Brendan- just the two of us. Let's just say he totally outdid my anniversary blog post and went and got all romantic on me and we're going on a getaway... I guess he's met his quota for at least a year or so:)

So, what have we been up to? Playdates at the park... what else?- Aren't they the best thing in the world? We've been getting together with my college roommate Katie and her two kids- and the playdates have been great... We've also had a few "preschool" playdates, neighborhood playdates, and of course family playdates. Today Aunt Ra-Ra and I took the kids to their neighborhood park... It was great until Chris tried to take on not one, not two, but three first graders. It was all over who killed a ladybug. Just fabulous. This weekend, we celebrated Jack's birthday. I was so bummed because I totally forgot my camera- and I wish I had it. Mage helped Jack blow out his birthday candles... and let's just say that not one person ate the cake. Before it was over, the cake was covered in drool and spit... and we all opted for the other sweets:) And it was defiantly a Kodak moment when Eric was being the best uncle ever when we looked up and he had all four kids swinging so high on my parent's hammock. They were hooping and hollering and having sooo much fun, until... BAM... the hammock fell down on one side. The bolt holding the hammock up came right out of the post and the kids went crashing down- There was dead silence, and then Mage said, "What happened?" Luckily we could all laugh because the kids were just fine...

Our week was also filled with some other great events...

Ride em' cowboy!

A playdate with my cousin Aaron's girls... look how sweet girls are... sharing on their own!

Jon, Stacie, and Baby Jonathan made a visit from Richmond for the weekend- it was total last minute, but we had a great time... and we were quite the parents of the year. We held a party at our place...

This picture cracks me up- why is Chris spiderman?:)

The kids actually went to bed easy for us... and we all re-lived our college years... minus the vodka:) It was great fun... but at the end of the weekend... I think we all felt like this:)