Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This is the first year that Brendan and I decided to spend Thanksgiving with just one side of the family instead of trying to cram both families into one weekend... While I missed hanging out with my family, I will have to say that it worked out great~ We weren't rushing through dinner to leave, we weren't holding one family up to eat, and we were able to sit back, relax, and enjoy ourselves. We traveled down to the lake on Wednesday night, and had a fabulous, long weekend at SML. Great Grandmom got to spend the week with us and get her fill of the kids~ and then some, I'm sure:) Joanie fixed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner as always... and we spent five days doing nothing but eating and enjoying each other's company... with a few extra activities thrown in... Can we say GO HOKIES!!! It was a great weekend with a lot of R&R... Brendan and I even had an entire day that was a date day... We went shopping and went to the movies... if you are looking for a good movie- I highly recomend "The Blind Side."