Thursday, May 6, 2010

All good things come to an end...

I'm seriously having Deja-Vu... and not in a good way. Today, a bunch of moms from Chris's preschool and I met up at the park for a picnic and playdate. The kids were having so much fun... Until Chris fell off the slide and broke his arm. Yep, you heard it right- After an ambulance ride, and a stay in the hospital, we learned he broke both bones in his left arm... again. They were able to reduce it and put it back in place, but the doctor wasn't optimistic that it will hold. Tomorrow, we meet with the orthopedic surgeon to determine where we go from here... Wish us luck.

Chris has been a TOTAL trooper. He didn't even cry when he got his i.v. and he even watched! He's been so tough. He was sedated while they worked on his arm and when he was coming out, he said, "Dad, you have two noses. Mommy, you have four mouths." He was hilarious.:) We're all pretty bummed right now, but we're trying to stay positive and pray for the best.

We're so lucky to have such great friends. I was so worried I didn't know what to do. One mom took over Chris, and I didn't even check on Addison- I knew the mom's had her- I looked right at one of my friends, and she said, "I'll take Addison." We are so grateful for everyone who helped out!