Sunday, May 15, 2011

Busy As Can Be...

With Daddy out of town, I've been backlogged on blogging. Quite frankly, I'm tired. But on the bright side, the time is flying by and I remain in good spirits. Thanks to awesome family and friends, it has actually been a breeze... but that doesn't mean not to hurry home Brendan!!! Let's see... I guess I'll do this bullet style.:)

- The kids have been so sweet, and besides their daily fighting in the car and Addie's new habit of hitting her brother, they have been on their best behavior and been cooperative for me.:)
-I told Chris and Add that they could go anywhere they wanted for dinner one night. Of all places, they chose Ci Ci's Pizza- or as Brendan calls it Fece's... I'm glad I'm raising such high class children.
-Let me keep it real. Daddy's should be around on Mother's Day. Chris woke up unusually early at the butt crack of dawn. He woke me up to let me know he had clogged the toilet (nothing new). Three hours had passed by and I realized I didn't have a card, my kids hadn't said Happy Mother's Day, nothing. Without their Daddy, they really had no clue. But I'll take it. That paired with a little bitchiness from me and Brendan surprised me by getting new dining room furniture. I'll take it.
-I've learned that my hubby really does a lot that I don't give him credit for. I saved us $40 and mowed the grass myself. It was work. And note to self: Don't ever wear flip-flops again to mow the grass. Your feet will be stained bright green and you might injure yourself!
-Speaking of injuries- something is going on with my knee. I probably seem like a great big faker because the other day I couldn't even walk and then today I sported heels and was fine. It's completely random and I don't remember ever injuring it. But some days I wake up and can't straighten it at all. And I have no pain tolerance. Zilch. I might be going to the doctor for this one folks- if it happens again.
-Addison has had playdate after playdate and is just a social butterfly. She's had playdates with D.J. and Mya, Katie, Molly McGorry- we always call her that and it was so cute- Addie used to say "Molly Gagorry", the Lane girls, Andrew, and Katie down the street. Not to mention our nightly fixes with the neigbors. Love it.:)
-She LOVES soccer and is so full of herself. I was so embarassed yesterday at Chris's baseball game when she looked at two other little sisters and shouted out, "Mommy- Oh No! Why aren't those girls clothes matching?" Ha! I quietly calmed her down... maybe with a hint of threatening- but I know people heard because another mom casually let me know that those girls mom was out of town for the weekend...
-Addie is just getting so grown up... and when I told her to stop growing up so fast, she looked right at me and said, "It's ok Mommy, I'll start growing up slowly. Ok?":)
-Chris has been... Chris- and I wouldn't have it any other way. He's too smart and has really started to read. Yesterday he wanted to learn to count in German- and within five minutes he could count to ten... and remembered it today like it was nothing. His memory is sometimes scarey.
-Chris is also the social butterfly... and the class clown... and I hold my breath during every single thing I take him to, because I know he's sure to say something. At baseball this week, his word of the day was "Ca-Ca"- what he sometimes calls poop. Of course I had to put a stop to it fast. Lovely.
-He's doing great at baseball- He kills the ball hitting and throws like a ten year old but is hit or miss (mainly miss- ha!) with catching and grounding. This Saturday, bases were loaded for the other team, the batter hit a ground ball, Chris fielded the ball perfectly and ran and dove to touch home to end the inning. How he knew to do that is beyond me. The crowd roared and you should have seen the look on Chris's face. Just precious. And I hated telling Breandan that story because you could tell how much he wants to be here to see it.
-Chris has been waking up for the past year and will quietly watch t.v. or play until Addie and I wake up. That is until I woke up the other morning to find him watching Scream on Netflix. Not good... We had a talk about what was appropriate and then had the best morning being couch potatoes. Chris doesn't like cartoon movies anymore so the three of us enjoyed Pippi Longstocking. :)
-We attended a free shoe-tying clinic at Nordstrom and Chris can now tie his shoes- Woo Hoo!!!!


-Chris got back his baseball pictures and Addie had hers taken this Saturday. I hope hers turn out as good as Chris's!!! Oh- and as usual, he's the tallest on the team. Keep in mind the shorter kids are sitting...


And a couple flashbacks of my Addie Tay because I've been horrible at bringing my camera along.:)