Monday, June 28, 2010

Brambleton Freedomfest

There are definitely perks that we will miss about Brambleton- We'll miss being able to run to Harris Teeter, walking to the gym, being able to walk for ice cream and to go out to eat, living off of less than half a tank a gas a week, and the neighborhood events. This weekend the kids had a blast at the youth festival- We paid $10 per kid and they got to enjoy unlimited moon bounces, carnival rides, and tons of activites. Both kids also got to break a board during a karate demonstration. (Those people knew what they were doing- Now both of my kids want to take karate.) We enjoyed listening to live music and sno cones. The night ended with fireworks... It was a great night!

During the morning I went antiquing with my mom... and of all things I bought Addie shoes- I couldn't pass up a pair of Chuck Taylors. Addie LOVES them and asks all the time for her "Hi-tops."