Thursday, December 11, 2008

Toys, toys, and more toys











This week, Brendan and I have been trying to get our basement back- it was overtaken by toys a long time ago! We've been sorting through them, donating them, and trying to organize the basement better and it's definately been a chore. In our old house, we LIVED in the basement, but since we've moved, we hardly ever spend time downstairs. Since it's been so cold, we've been trying to play more~ so we've set up different "areas"- the dress-up area, the kitchen, the craft and train table area, the toy area, and the "big boy" area:) My dad is also coming over today to install a chalkboard- it was Chris's 3rd birthday present... just a little late:) Thanks Dad:) I'm so proud of my new storage unit- its was the McCullers' old entertainment center and I painted it and added bins-- now I just need to add a few more and have Brendan help put the t.v. in the big spot so Chris can play his games. I'll take more pictures when we're completely done...

AND... don't ya know that after all of our labor and hard work- yesterday we spent HOURS playing upstairs as usual in the family room. We made a toy house out of a cardboard box. The house then became the barn and I had to feed the kids- Addie was a horse and liked to eat out of my hand... and Chris said he was a pecan (what that is, I don't know) and liked to bite my hand- typical boy:) Who needs toys when you have a cardboard box:)