Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the season,

for family get togethers- and if anyone knows my family, you'll know that we have about fifty of them:) We started the holiday season off with a party at Brad and Jenny's house- we had a wonderful time, and the kids were so good- thank goodness because Brad and Jenny's house is just gorgeous--- I will be copying several decorating ideas. It was a great night, except for the food- not good for the diet... I think it was the chicken dip that sent me over the edge... or maybe it was the bacon covered weenies, or the sugar cookies, or the nacho dip... or maybe it was the cupcakes... I guess you get the point. Then, on Sunday, we had the famous Ruritan Club dinner. My grandfather is a member, and every year of my life, I've attended this dinner... it's one of those things you have to do- a family tradition. The kids got to see Santa again- and this Santa hands out gifts...




Teenagers suddenly want to sit on Santa's lap for free movie tickets...


And when the twenty-somethings hear free movie tickets...


And when all the babies are by Santa... my 84 year-old grandmother doesn't quit the tradition... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree:)