Monday, May 14, 2012

Sensational Saturday

Saturday started off great- The kids woke up and let Mommy sort of sleep in- They were busy creating an "army" out of Lego's.  It's so sweet how they play together now- I'm so lucky that Chris and Addie really are best friends...that is until they get great ideas together that can prove disastrous- like getting out sharpie markers and "customizing" the Lego men.   Ya know- adding extra features to make them original.  Luckily- this time it didn't involve getting permanent marker anywhere...


We had our fancy breakfast using Addie's strawberries and it was a hit!
 And then of course we spent the day at the ball field... Addie had a great time playing with her friend- and sported a blue mustache...
 what can I say- she's such a great fan- I let her have Gatorade.:) 
 We had the entire family at the ball field to watch Chris have his pitching debut.  He's one of the star players and has come such a long way in the field- he can catch, field, throw, you name it- but let's just say pitching didn't fare so well... He walked every batter until the run limit... It was quite painful to watch- especially when at home he throws strike after strike.  After the game, the other coach asked Chris if it was his first time pitching and then told him he did great.  Luckily, Chris didn't have his spirit dampened at all- he called Brendan and left a message saying, "Daddy- I did awesome! The other team's Coach even said I did great!!!!" Ha!
After the games, we went to visit Pappy- and of course Addie was Pap's darlin'.  He then looked at Chris and said, "Tell me something... Why are your ears so big?" Chris was hilarious- he looked right back at Pappy and sweetly said, "Because I hear really well."

We came home and had half the neighborhood over to play- and I was making Addie and her friend play separate from the boys... Addie was pouting and fussing to be in with the boys and I said, "Addie- Don't be such a party pooper."  Addie's friend quickly said, "Miss Shelley, you just said a potty word."  Oops- I guess I need to not say pooper.:)

The day wrapped up in my most favorite of ways- We went to Chuck and Jackie's for a family cookout.  We got to play with Callan and the kids were tired out and went to bed easy! 

And that my dear friends- was a perfect fun-filled day when Daddy is away hard at work!