Thursday, May 10, 2012

Back to Blogging...

I've been MIA... because quite frankly, I'm tired!!! But sooooo much has gone on that I won't remember, so I want to get back to blogging regularly for the kid's sake... I'm going to try to update some things that we've missed the past month so excuse me if this is out of order...

There are just so many things we've done- playdates galore, hanging out with neighbors, Chris had a date to see the Three Stooges with Nona, Brendan had a date with the kids to see Chimpanzee, we're still park hoppers, and almost every day is spent at the pool or the ball field and eventhough I'm beat at the end of the night- I wouldn't change it for anything!

The kids are growing up way too fast- I can't believe Addie is almost done with preschool and Chris is almost done with first grade!

Chris got his haircut this week and looks even older- and so handsome.:)  He is excelling so much at school and we are just so proud of him.  He's having an awesome baseball season... He's still a challenge at home- but that's my Christopher.:)  We now battle it out over if he is washing his "pits" (under his arms) good enough and we're working on a spitting habit he's picked up- We tried telling him it's only for the baseball field- but now on the field he spits every other second so today we had it out over that!  I just can't believe how much he's matured this year- how he went from a non-reader to having a love for reading, and how much of a great big brother he is. 

Addie Tay is growing up before our very eyes.  The dentist told her she has a loose tooth- and every night Brendan or I have to check it- but we can't figure out what the dentist was talking about because we can't find a loose tooth- but we just go along with it- She is so proud.  Addie has become a nonstop talker- there is never silence with that girl.  She LOVES doing schoolwork and has to do at least three sheets from her Kindergarten book- this is sooo opposite from Topher. She has literally been planning her birthday party for the past two months and is so excited for it- I hope it lives up to her expectations- I mean, she wants me to text Justin Bieber to come! 

Addie has done so much in preschool recently.  She had her first field trip visiting the vet, had a Teddy Bear Picnic, and continues to love staying for Lunch Bunch.  Today she came home from preschool with a purple potholder for me for Mother's Day- which she had already told me by mistake that she made me... She was soooo proud!  She was also so confused...

"Mommy, my teachers told me my birthday is right around the corner, but I kept looking and I couldn't find it."  Ha!  Out of the mouths of babes.:)