Friday, May 11, 2012

A Day of Sweetness...

Today was one of those days where I just love being a Mommy.  It started with me having to stay at home so the "bug man" could visit... We have a quarterly pest service and today was that day we had a two hour window.  Addie was told to look out for the bug man while I was drying my hair... and she took it upon herself to answer the door and let him in... before getting me.  We had a little talk about how she was never to answer the door, but she informed me that "Bug men don't take little girls, they get rid of the bugs and are nice."  I think I need to have the stranger talk again...

After that, we met some of our besties at Wegemeyer Farms to have a picnic lunch and go strawberry picking.  This was my and Add's first time going and it was so sweet.  Boy, am I going to miss her next year when she goes to Kindergarten.  It was just such a sweet time- and we can't wait to make fresh strawberry jam to go on our homemade pancakes tomorrow morning.  Yep, I kind of sound like Martha Stewart... but don't worry- it's just one meal... we'll be back to frozen Aunt Jemima waffles in no time.:)







After a day of shopping and swim practice, we stopped by Nona and Papa's... Addie loved swinging on the swing...
 And Chris loved pitching to Papa.  We think he's supposed to pitch tomorrow so we practiced a little... 

 Yep, I caved and let him get a flat brim hat.  I.hate.it.... but I won't let him know that... He's still such a little boy even if he thinks he's getting big... In the middle of the store, in the sweetest little baby voice, he said, "Mommy, Can I please get a big boy hat?"... Something so appropriate for a seven year old to say- still baby talk- yet people probably think he's a middle schooler.:) Chris's school is also having hat days on Fridays where if you bring a $1 you can wear a hat- The money is going to help a staff member with cancer- so I suppose his heart is in the right place- and don't you worry- I'll make him wear a sweet little outfit with this ghettolicious/skater hat...:) Oh- and don't mind his stretched out shirt... Chris managed to go to swim team and some how lose his shirt at Claude Moore.  Luckily, I had a shirt in the car because he was refusing to leave the locker room.  It was a scene.  Ha!  Oh, and for once, I didn't have a shirt of Eric's to work out it... This was Todd's. Ha!
After playing in the field and a neighborhood walk, it was easy to bed- a great ending to an even greater day.:)